Pls go through following posts if you are new to CSharp 3.0 & .NET 3.5
Here is the point wise summary of some new features in various areas :
- CSS Design tools
- Web Application Project : to compile web site into a single assembly. An alternative way of deployment
- Multi-targeting Web Applications : Application can target .NET 2.0 or 3.0 or 3.5
- Designer and Intellisense Support for LINQ.
- WPF Project designer support
- O/R designer for LINQ to SQL projects
- Dataset designer to support multi-tier dataset
- Entity Data Model (EDM) support in ADO.NET
- Reporting Project Templates to create report based apps using wizard.
- MSBuild improvements : Target specific .NET version and multiprocessor capabilities
- Supports comparison of Performance reports
- Full support for building Microsoft Office based applications including SharePoint.
- Tutorial : Perform Web Load testing using Visual Studio
- Tip : How to change the default assembly information
- Orcas and .NET 3.5 Beta 1 Released
- How to create Project Item Templates
- Accelerating development using Visual Studio Templates
- Visual Studio : How to create temporary projects