New project creation in Visual Studio takes place based on Project Templates provided by Visual Studio or custom templates created.
When we create a new console application using the default project template provided by Visual Studio, the assembly.info is generated by default with some data like Company & Copyright information which is populated using information provided at time of installation.
If you want to change this default generated data, here is the trick.
The default project templates are stored in equivalent of following folder in Visual Studio 2005 installation area :
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates.
Suppose if you want to change the default values for C# console application, change the assembly.info file located in following folders:
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplates\CSharp\Windows\1033\ConsoleApplication.zip
D:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\CSharp\Windows\1033\ConsoleApplication.zip
- Accelerating development using Visual Studio Templates
- Visual Studio : How to create temporary projects
- Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 : How to check whether its installed or not
- Visual Studio 2005 : Unable to debug - The Binding Handle is Invalid
- Performance Analysis/Tuning of ASP.NET Application
- Auto Performance Tuning in ASP.NET 2.0
- Overview of Interoperability with UnManaged world