The walkthrough on how to use Caching Application Block can be downloaded from following link.
Some important points to consider while using Caching Application Block (CAB) of Enterprise Library:
- By default & always CAB stores data in-memory.
- It can be configured to store data in some persistent storage also.
- Out of the box, CAB comes with two persistent backing stores : Isolated Storage & Database Caching Storage.
- CAB can be extended to support additional backing stores.
- Isolated storage is suitable for small data.
- Database caching storage is suitable for large data but read-only data for shared scenarios.