Tuesday, April 17, 2007

* Performance Analysis/Tuning of ASP.NET Application

These days I am working on analyzing and tuning an asp.net web application.

Its basically a n-tier application based on Front-Controller pattern and very similar to MVC pattern. The communication between web and app tier is using Remoting, where the remote components are hosted on IIS 6.0. Its a session aware application. I am trying various deployment options available and publish the results around next week. I am sure results will guide readers in deciding the deployment scenarios.

Some of the comparison I will be publishing are :

  • Debug & Release Builds
  • InProc & State Server
  • Remoting & No Remoting

Apart from this I will also publish a tutorial about an excellent tool called VSProfiler used for analyzing performance of .NET applications.

Other Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment